What do I need to qualify for LAP?
  • Open to MVWD residential customers.
  • Must be a participant in the California Alternative Rates for Energy (CARE) or Family Electric Rate Assistance (FERA) programs (through SoCal Gas Company or Southern California Edison).
  • Customer name on the MVWD account must match the name on the utility statement demonstrating CARE/FERA enrollment.

Show All Answers

1. What do I need to qualify for LAP?
2. How do I apply?
3. Do I have to renew my participation? If so, how often?
4. Why am I no longer getting payment assistance through LAP?
5. Will I be notified when it is time to renew my application?
6. What do I do if I no longer qualify for LAP?
7. How long does it take to process the application?
8. How will I know if my application was approved or not?
9. Is there a limit on LAP program participants?
10. How do I apply for CARE or FERA?