How are low pressure problems addressed?

If a customer is experiencing a noticeable drop in water pressure, a call to the Maintenance Department usually results in the performance of a flow test that measures the amount of water the customer receives both at the water meter and at the front water spigot at the house or business. A pressure test is also taken.

Depending on the test results obtained from measuring the flow, the service line from the main waterline in the street to the meter may be upgraded. The District may also make recommendations that the water service line from the meter to the house be upgraded, which is the responsibility of the property owner. The District's responsibility ends at the water meter.

Because the District's entire distribution system operates on gravity, flows may not be significantly altered even after replacement of lines. Call the Maintenance Department at 909-624-0035, ext. 112 for more information.

Show All Answers

1. As a land developer, how can I obtain new water mainlines and service lines?
2. How are low pressure problems addressed?
3. How are water quality complaints addressed?
4. What should I do if I notice a water leak?