While Metropolitan Water District (MWD) will soon perform emergency repairs on a critical pipeline, there are no new watering restrictions from Monte Vista Water District customers. MWD is calling on 4 million people in portions of Los Angeles County to stop outdoor watering from September 6 - 20, 2022 due to an emergency repair needed for a critical pipeline. MVWD customers are NOT impacted by this. To see the impacted regions, please visit mwdh2o.com/shutdown.
MVWD would like to remind customers of the current outdoor watering restrictions, which have been in place since December 15, 2021:
• Outdoor watering is only allowed on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday between 8 p.m. and 8 a.m. (with exceptions such as hand-watering and drip irrigation)
• No excess runoff from outdoor watering
• No hosing down driveways, sidewalks, buildings, or parking lots
• No washing vehicles without a shut-off nozzle
• No using water in fountains or other water features without recirculation
• No watering during rain and 24 hours following
• Fix leaks within seven (7) days of discovery
MVWD customers have been doing a great job of following the above watering restrictions and have successful reduced their water use 15% in June and July. Keep up the good work!