Do you need help paying past due rent or utilities? You may be eligible for payment assistance through California’s COVID-19 rent relief fund.
Are you eligible?
One or more individuals in your household must meet all of the following criteria to apply for the state's rent and utility relief program:
- Have qualified for unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household income, incurred significant costs, or experienced other financial hardship due to COVID-19; AND
- Demonstrate a risk of experiencing homelessness or housing instability, which may include:
- A past-due utility or rent notice or eviction notice; OR
- Unsafe or unhealthy living conditions; OR
- Any other evidence such as risk, as determined by the program
3. Have a household income that is not more than 80% of the Area Median Income (table below provided for reference)
|San Bernardino County|
|# of Persons in Household||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8|
|Maximum Household Income ||$42,160||$48,200||$54,200||$60,240||$65,040||$69,880||$74,680|
What’s needed to apply?
You will need to have documents ready that prove you meet the state's eligibility requirements shown above. Read through this tenant checklist to make sure you have all the necessary items to complete the application package.
Sample Renters Application
Need help applying?
The following community organizations in San Bernardino County are familiar with the California COVID-19 Rent Relief Program and can assist with the application process.
|Chinatown Service Center||213.808.1700|
|Inland SoCal United Way||951.212.0731|
|Inland Temporary Homes DBA Inland Housing Solutions||707.815.7424|
|Neighborhood for Housing Services of the Inland Empire||909.884.6891|