Turf Removal Rebate
Get money back on your landscape project!
Monte Vista Water District, in partnership with Metropolitan Water District, offers a turf removal rebate for customers who ditch their thirsty lawns for water-efficient landscaping. MVWD customers are eligible for a rebate of $2.00 per sq. ft.
- Turf removed must be a minimum of 250 sq. ft. or a maximum of 5,000 sq. ft. for residential customers. and a maximum of 50,000 sq ft. for commercial customers.
- Must install 3 plants per 100 sq. ft.
- Must include a rain capturing feature
- Replace or modify overhead spray sprinklers
- No bare soil or synthetic grass allowed
- Only permeable hardscape is allowed
Converting your landscape can be a challenge but MVWD is here to help! An overview of the landscape transformation process is outlined below. Please visit the official program website, www.socalwatersmart.com, for detailed instructions.
1) Do not remove your grass!
2) Set up your online account with SoCal WaterSmart and upload the required information and supporting documentation. You must receive an email approval before starting your project.
3) Attend the free Landscape Transformation Basics workshop hosted by the Waterwise Community Center. This workshop details what you will need to do for a beautiful garden transformation and successful rebate application.
4) Need landscape ideas or design help? Check out the Inland Valley Garden Planner website for plant lists, design templates, and other resources.
5) Start your project! Check SoCal WaterSmart website for timeline to complete the project.
6) Log into your account with SoCal WaterSmart and finish your rebate application. Photos of the completed project are required.
7) Wait for your rebate check to arrive in the mail. If you met all the qualifications, you should receive your rebate check in 8-10 weeks.
SoCal WaterSmart has a partner website, www.bewaterwise.com, that offers additional resources for turf removal and landscape transformation projects.