Monte Vista Water District, a public water agency formed in 1927 under the County Water District Act (California Water Code Section 30000 et seq.), is fully accountable to its customers and constituents. The District is proud to operate in a fully open and transparent manner under the State of California's Brown Act (PDF) and Public Records Act. The following information and links are provided to assist the public in reviewing and participating in the District's process of public governance.
Public Board Meetings
The Monte Vista Water District Board of Directors holds regularly scheduled public meetings on the second and fourth Wednesday of each month beginning at 6:30 p.m. These public meetings are scheduled after work-day hours to facilitate public participation. Board meetings are held at the District's offices. The public is invited to attend and to provide public comment during these meetings.
Members of the Board of Directors are elected in November on even-numbered years to overlapping four-year terms. Customers who are interested in standing for election to the Board should visit the San Bernardino County Elections Office of the Registrar of Voters page or call 1-800-881-8683.
The candidate filing period typically extends from mid-July through early August prior to the November election. A candidate for the Board of Directors must be a registered voter residing within the Monte Vista Water District retail service area. Further candidacy requirements and filing fees may apply.
The Reports, Forms, and Documents section of this website contains downloadable public documents related to the District's finances, operations, planning, and communications. Specific public documents and categories related to government transparency are highlighted:
- Board Agendas and Minutes
- Transparency Documents
- Board of Directors' Ethics Training Certificates
- Board of Directors' Fair Political Practices Commission Form 806: Agency Reports of Public Official Appointments
- Resolution 780-21 Amending MVWD's Conflict of Interest Code
- Enterprise Systems List (PDF)
- Forms and Applications
- Request for Public Records (Administrative Policy D-16)
- Budget and Financial Documents
- District Budgets (latest and historical)
- District Cash Reserve Policy (Resolution 612-07)
- District Financial Audits (latest and historical)
- District Proposition 218 Notifications of Rate Adjustments
- Compensation Documents
- District Salary Schedule
- Board of Directors' Compensation Policies (Ordinance 30; Resolution 600-06)
- Board of Directors' Participation in Health and Welfare Benefits (Resolution 557-03)
- District Expense Reimbursement Policies and Procedures (Administrative Policy D-21)
- District General Manager Contract
- Planning Documents
- District Sphere of Influence Municipal Service Review Report
Use our online contact form or call 909-624-0035 if you have any questions.