Mission, Vision, and Core Values
To provide high quality water service while ensuring fiscal responsibility, ethical conduct, and environmental stewardship
To be a premier agency in the region that leads by example and demonstrates continual improvement, advancement, and innovation.
- Integrity: We value providing our services in an honest, candid, ethical, responsible and respectful manner.
- Fiscal Responsibility: We value being accountable and transparent in carrying out all District operations, particularly in financial management.
- Our Team: We value supporting a diverse and talented team of professionals who demonstrate loyalty and dedication to service.
- Excellence in Quality and Customer Service: We value working as a team to provide the highest quality service to our customers, demonstrating courtesy, respect, efficiency and diligence.
- Our Community: We value maintaining and enhancing the trust and confidence that our community expects and requires of us.
Nine Critical Behaviors to Ensure High Quality Customer Service
As part of the development of the strategic goal initiatives, the customer service department created "Nine Critical Behaviors to Ensure High Quality Customer Service." The Strategic Planning Team believes that these behaviors should be embraced by all employees and are, therefore, included in this strategic planning document:
- Accessibility: Customers like easily accessible services.
- Appreciation: Customers like to feel valued and have courteous interaction.
- Confidence: Be positive - Keep our thinking as "can do" not "can not do."
- Empathy: Look at the situation from the customer's point of view.
- Flexibility: Understand that we have a framework and structure to work within 95 percent of the time. For the remaining 5 percent, the rules do not apply because common sense tells you so.
- Helpfulness: Give help that is above and beyond anything the customer expects and offer it before the customer has asked or in circumstances where the customer did not even think help was possible.
- Knowledge: Provide training and accessibility to information about the District (current events, policy and procedures, water industry-related information).
- Reliability: It is important to have 100 percent delivery on promises and keep the customer informed.
- Speed: It is important that we value our customers' time and serve them accordingly.
Did You Know?
Monte Vista Water District is proud that its water quality meets all federal and state health requirements.
Your Water District
Photo Caption: Hydroturbines that generate "green" energy, with reservoir in background