"Being waterwise is..." Student Art Poster Contest
2024 "Being waterwise is..." Poster Contest
Using the theme "Being waterwise is...," students in grades Kindergarten through 12th grade at schools within Monte Vista Water District's service area are invited to create an art poster depicting various ways to use water more efficiently or water conservation topics.
The winning artwork will be entered into a regional art contest hosted by Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD) that is open to all water agencies in southern California. MWD will choose 36 poster designs to feature in the 2025 Student Art Calendar. Winners of MWD's contest will be announced in winter and recognized at a special event in early December.
- use the following: crayons, pencils, watercolors, paints, markers, ink, pastels, chalk, cut paper or fabric; bold, bright colors preferred
- be 12"x18" or 8.5"x11" in size, designed on white poster board or white drawing paper
- be designed horizontally (landscaped)
- have a 1" white or blank border on ALL four sides
- have a short water message written on artwork, but not necessarily the words "Water is Life"
- have correct spelling and punctuation
- be original; no computer-generated, trademarked, or copywritten material
There are three ways to submit artwork:
- In person at MVWD office, located at 10575 Central Ave., Montclair.
- Online (click here).
- Call (909) 267-2130 to schedule a school pick-up.
The deadline to submit artwork is March 15, 2024.
Congratulations to the winners of the 2022-2023 "Water is Life" Poster Contest! The nine winning posters from Monte Vista Water District's contest will move on to Metropolitan Water District (MWD) for judging in their regional Student Art Calendar Contest. Thirty-six award-winning posters will be featured in a 2024 calendar that will be published by MWD. Congratulations again to this year's poster contest winners and we look forward to seeing the wonderful art created by students in our service area.
Grades K-3 Category: 1st Place - Kelley Jimenez, Mission Elementary School
Grades K-3 Category: 2nd Place - Chris Realy Vasquez, Mission Elementary School
Grades K-3 Category: 3rd Place - Camila Mendoza, Mission Elementary School
Grades 4-6 Category: 1st Place - Santiago Acosta, Monte Vista Elementary School
Grades 4-6 Category: 2nd Place - Samantha Vergara, Monte Vista Elementary School
Grades 4-6 Category: 3rd Place - Aiden Meza, Monte Vista Elementary School
Grades 7-12 Category: 1st Place - Yamile Anaya Lopez, Vernon Middle School
Grades 7-12 Category: 2nd Place - Vina Truong, Montclair High School
Grades 7-12 Category: 3rd Place - Alexza Prado, Vernon Middle School