Resources for Teachers
Monte Vista Water District provides a wealth of materials and programs to assist local educators in teaching their students about the value of water and the need to conserve. Teachers, thank you for your service to our children and our future!
MVWD will come out to the classroom and conduct a water-related activity tailored to the requested grade level. Must allow 3-5 weeks for scheduling and planning. Call 909.267.2130 or email email@example.com to request a visit.
- EduBucks Program - Mini-grants for up to $1,200 for water-related classroom activities.
- National Theater for Children - Professional actors perform in conservation-related production.
- Project Wet Workshops - Curriculum with hands-on, interdisciplinary lessons that teach important concepts about water.
- Scholarship Opportunities
- Student Art Poster Contest
Local Field Trips
- Chino Basin Water Conservation District Field Trips and Classroom Visits
- Chino Creek Wetlands and Educational Park (Inland Empire Utilities Agency)
- Busing Mini-Grants - IEUA offers Busing Mini-Grants for qualifying schools and organizations for transportation funding to and from the Chino Creek Wetlands and Educational Park to take part in the Water Discovery Field Trip program. Please visit IEUA’s education webpage for more information.
- Aquapedia – Online water encyclopedia
- California Regional Environmental Education Community (CREEC) Network – Region 10
- California State Parks – PORTS Program
- National Groundwater Association
- Save Our Water
- Water Use-It Wisely Kid’s Page
- World Wildlife Fund Free Rivers
- USGS Water Science School
- Downloadable Activity and Coloring Book (PDF)
- DWR Fun Water Educational Materials
- Education and the Environment Initiative (EEI) Curriculum
- Environmental Protection Agency’s Educational Resources
- Project Learning Tree
- Project Water Education for Teachers (WET)
- U.S. Geological Survey’s Educational Resources
- Water Education Water Awareness Committee (WEWAC) – Grants & Scholarships
- Inland Empire Utilities Agency (IEUA) – Education Programs
- Metropolitan Water District’s Educational Resources
- California Department of Water Resources